Wednesday, November 7, 2007

to my uncle

Thank you for:

... replying to my letters when I was a kid and not making fun of my chocolate factory drawings until I was old enough to laugh at my own silliness.
... bringing us pasalubong when you come home from work whenever we stayed at your house during summer vacation.
... making us laugh even when we're on the verge of crying for whatever reason.
... being the first to volunteer to pick any of us at the airport.
... taking time off work to drive us around anywhere we wanted to go.
... letting us stay in your room while you sleep in the living room.
... watching over us instead of taking a rest just to make sure we were safe.
... for introducing me to that amusing electric fly swatter.
... treating my siblings and I as if we were your own children.


I don't really know what else to say but to thank you for everything.

I'm happy to have had the chance to spend some time with you even for just two weeks. Vacation won't be the same without you there next time. We will miss you.

At least we have this memory...

3 comments:

Athens said...

*hugs*

noreen said...

am sorry 'bout your loss :( your uncle is in a better place now.

blueskies said...

:) thanks.