Monday, November 17, 2008

look what i can do

Apparently, I can now be a housewife. *gasp*

****
Things to do when moving out:
  • the main thing is make a list, get the stuff, swipe the card, carry them and then sort
  • wash tons of dishes, pots, pans
  • clean the entire place, not once, not twice but more than three times (esp if the person living there *cough-him-cough* is a semi-germaphobe
  • set up a huge walk-in closet (that I wish I have instead) and sort out clothes by purpose and some by colour (I like coordinating them)
  • spend a lot of time calculating how much a bedsheet cost and imagining how it would feel like lying on it (microfibre? 200 count sheets? t-shirt like fabric?)
  • buy a lot of cleaning supplies (see above reason)
  • carry what seems to be boxes and boxes of stuff I would like to throw out if it were my things
  • go to Bestbuy/Futureshop and stare at TVs to compare their sizes, prices and quality
  • be tempted buying food at the grocery store that he probably won't cook, eat or like (I'm a sucker for let's try this!)
  • become a regular Ikea customer by going there at least 10 times in two weeks
  • make the furniture (and because I am bad at following instructions by the picture, ask for help for simple things)

****

My parents (mainly my dad) brought to my attention that I have been spending too much time with J. If I was gonna be a smartass, I could have said that what better way to find out if you can actually stand spending the rest of your life with someone is by being with him a lot. Fortunately, I'm not and that kind of talk would only result in more lectures and sour faces anyway. :S

But isn't it true though? I mean if you only managed to spend maybe 10 hours with that person, how would you know that they turn in to a pumpkin after the 12th hour? Errr. My attention span is slowly leading me away from my point. :S

Anyway, I've found out things about him that sometimes I tell him would be hard to live with (ie snoring! I'm a light sleeper). And I'm sure he knows more things about me too (ie. that I get really cranky when hungry). We're not moving in or anything but what's the harm of spending time together?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what the harm? empty pockets! HAHAHAHAHAH!

blueskies said...

my pockets are always empty anyway. why do you think i keep swiping the card? hahaha