Wednesday, April 11, 2007

confused

This morning, I received a call from the HR department of the hospital I was placed this year. I have an interview two days before I leave. Ack. The confusing part is that everyone said I was already hired. I have an orientation date before interview? Errr. The nurses even laughed at me when I said that I wasn't sure I was hired when they asked me. Sigh. So now, I'm back to basically not knowing if I have a job after I graduate. That is a sad place to be. Yes, nurses are in demand and we have a government initiative working for us to be hired but still. I need a job as soon as possible. Anyway, wish me luck! :D

----------------------

Last night, my friends and I attended a ceremony and was presented a Merit award by the city's fire department. It was for helping with the suicide attempt at the mall last year. We didn't really think of it after a while because it was kind of surreal and disturbing. Then, last month they contacted us and invited us to this event. We thought it was one of those come in, get a certificate, eat some cookies and leave. It was actually more than that. We were part of a ceremony that honored civilians and firemen. My friends and I felt out of place because almost everyone was clad in jackets with the department's patch. We joked that maybe we should have worn our scrubs.

I even felt a bit emotional when the announcer talked about the incident before giving us the award. It just reminded me of that girl and the circumstance she was in to think of taking her life.

Anyway, it was a great night.

-------------------
Why I need to gain weight
Reason #34: Size 00 in adult section does not fit me well. :$

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

kristine!

sorry. tinamad lang kase mag blog.

i don't remember reading that incident in any of your past entries. but wow, that is truly commendable what you guys di. nandun ba ung girl? hehehe.

Anonymous said...

AND congrats pala! of course you've got the job.

blueskies said...

oh. hehehe. oo nga minsan, wala talaga. :$

wala dun yung babae eh. hindi na rin namin nalaman kung anong nangyari pagtapos.

sana mag function yung utak ko sa 27th. nagbibiruan kami ng kapatid ko na sobrang excitement ko dahil sa bakasyon eh bibilisan ko lang mga sagot ko. hahaha.

Anonymous said...

wow, congrats for the award! wala na akong balita sayo lately. and you got a new blog na pala, hehehe. :) anyways, it was really depressing when i found out from a friend that Wentworth already got his girl. waaah. sad no? hehehe.

goodluck with your upcoming work at the hospital. wheee. :)

Anj said...

hehe sana nagpahost ka na lang sakin! hehe. anyway congrats. ;)

- angela

blueskies said...

@ vanya: salamat. kasi yung luma kong blog mag papabayad na sa end of the year kaya lumipat na ako ngayon pa lang.

baka assistant lang nya yun. hahaha.

@ angela: oo nga. heehehe. :P salamat pa rin sa offer. :D

North said...

Wow, some great deed there. The award is much deserved.

drei said...

congrats on the award!! *clap clap*

madali lang magpataba noh! it's the other way around that's more difficult. ;)

hay, wala nang naiwan sa blog-city...

blueskies said...

@ north: thanks!

@ drei: hahaha. mahirap din... :P oo nga, kasi naman ba't bigla pa silang nagpabayad! hmp.