Saturday, January 5, 2008

a letter to you

Dear New Year,

It's been about five days since I welcomed you. I would have been more enthusiastic and actually make a big deal out of it by toasting champagne and hugging everyone but I was at work and that is enough reason not to. But before I end up giving you the wrong impression, I am actually writing you this letter in hopes of encouraging myself to keep my promise. It's more embarrassing to break a promise when other's know of it too. At least that's my opinion. :$

Anyway, I am officially declaring my promise to save in any way I can in order to well, save up for my future. I have been quite liberated in spending my money and as a result have nothing to show for in my savings account. My future, which is not something I keep in mind as I am a live-now type of person, if that makes any sense, I'm sure will not look so bright if I continue to be how I am.

In saying that, I will admit that this stay-in-the-budget mentality might take a while to kick in. I can proudly say that I haven't bought anything yet even though I've been tossing and turning in bed wondering if I need/deserve a new mp3 player. See, I'm trying really hard.

I guess that's all I have to say before I start to beg for an increase in my allowance. I just hope I'm strong enough to resist the temptation to buy random things. Eek!

So, New Year, I welcome you again and I hope we'll be good friends.

Sincerely,
blueskies

No comments: