Wednesday, April 16, 2008

small things

Two days of silent treatment has left me speechless too. I tried to explain but without any reaction, how am I suppose to know what to think of? I am teetering between indifference and bursting into a dramatic speech about the situation. Sigh.

Stress at work is taking its toll. It hasn't been easy to dodge confused patients who want to hit you or those that demand your undivided attention when there's 5 more waiting to be seen and heard. A colleague has been joking that she can see that I'm on the verge of becoming a part-time nurse and sometimes the possibility of it excites me. If only bills will pay itself.

I am enjoying the sunshine as I get off night shift. It lifts my spirits up knowing that it will be sunny. There is some comfort that it won't be another gloomy day just like how I generally feel.

Next week is my birthday.
Next week I am celebrating it with my brother and sister on a different country surrounded by palm trees, sand and under a blazing hot sun.
Next week, I will leave all the stress and rejuvenate my aching body, unfocused mind and shake away the sadness that surrounds me when I'm alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kristine! i'm so sorry i haven't been visiting but as you well know, nursing school. hehehe. madami na nangyari but i'm too exhausted to recount them in my dead blog. XD

i can't wait for school to finish and start working. though what you've been going through seems a leeetle bit scary. i want to be an OR nurse now, hahaha.

but anyway, advanced happy birthday! are you off to the phils? you deserve to soak up all the funnin' and sunnin' you can get!

blueskies said...

hey stranger. :P hehehe. i know eh, nursing school is very draining but great! :)

don't worry, i think what nurses do here and there is very different (esp the wage. haha) so there's still hope. :D

thanks!

i'll be heading to the carribean. i'll have to save up for the philippines reunion next year again.

nice to hear from you! :)