Monday, May 5, 2008

hola amiga


One week in Cuba.

One week of blissful days at the beach, by the pool and at the hotel room watching movies. I don't seem to recall waking up as early as 7:30 am just in time for scrambled egg, bacon and french toast until our first day in the resort. I took advantage of the open bar by ordering something sweet and pineapple juice. It just shows how little I know about other drinks without having to resort to yucky beer. Errr. In any case, my organs are safe and was not intoxicated at any point of our vacation.

I love those stress-free days. All I worried about was what to wear, how not to completely burn my skin and what to eat.

It's been a week since I have been back and already worked a weekend. My brother asked if working three days was punishment. Errr.

Sigh.

Words cannot express how great it felt to leave everything behind even for just a week.
A beach bum every now and then will always be welcome in my planner.

No comments: