Friday, July 11, 2008

the checklist

Dishes washed - check.
Laundry folded and organized - check.
Floors swept - check.
Living room back in to its acceptable state - check.

Two more days and my parents are back. I have already seen a preview of their San Francisco trip courtesy of album sharing by their tech savvy family friend tour guide. I'm sure my parents and aunt will be very happy that finally they'll be able to see their pictures right away instead of waiting for days/weeks til they are given a printed version of them.

I'm quite jealous of their trip. If only work wasn't on the way by scheduling me and also the convincing monetary constraints I have adopted to make life easier for me in the future I could have been there too. Sigh.

After a semi-excited and semi-apprehensive call, I found out (maybe two nights ago) that my boyfriend will be going to Japan for some sort of training. Once again I am jealous. My friend consoled me by saying "imagine all the Hello Kitty and cute things you can get!" Don't get me wrong, I like the kitty, but pink has never been my colour. Errr. I am more jealous of him visiting Japan (although for work purposes) before me. The scenery, the culture and sushi! And of course, the pictures!! The next best thing is for me to let him borrow my point-and-shoot (as I don't trust him with my fancy camera) and take lots of pictures for me.

The rest will have to follow for another entry.... I enlisted my brother's friend to watch my brother's car while I take a shower. Who leaves their car door open and expect me to wait for him to come back? Ack.

No comments: