Sunday, September 14, 2008

one of those days

Something was wrong with me today but I can't seem to figure it out.

He was sitting at the couch engrossed at the documentary about terrorism and completely unaware of what was going through my head. Afterall, he's not a psychic. I've been told a dozen times.

I felt like a kid asking for attention.

I kissed him on his cheeks numerous times hoping for some sort of sweet gesture but nothing happens until he realized I completely moved away. A return kiss followed and a request for a hand massage. I'm used to it.

My mom and dad called us to eat dinner but he said he's too shy so I declined and told them we already ate. Meanwhile, at his house I have no choice but to follow. But that's not his fault, I am polite. He dozed off for a few minutes and then suddenly got up to let me know it's time to leave.

I scrambled for something to tell him just to make him stay a little longer. But nothing. I could have told him about the dream I had last night. We were at the carnival but I needed to go home to get something. He said, I'll meet you here in a few hours. I walked away and then realized I had his phone. How do I find him later? That was my last thought.

He bid my parents goodbye before giving me a hug and a kiss. My mom eagerly invited him for a little get together tomorrow and he said "maybe". I almost laughed. I have never turned down an invitation from his mom and never missed a family get together unless I am working.

Whatever it is that felt wrong today is compounded by this. I am sad about something and mad about everything.

It may be a silly thing to be upset about but if you know me, I'm sure you'll understand.

No comments: