Friday, September 26, 2008

24 hours is not enough

How to spend 24 hours:

- wake up at 0530 to get ready for work
- start work at 0730
- leave work at 0030
- get home at 0145
- sleep by 0200
- still sleeping at 0530

I worked for 17 hours and that will be the last time I accept a four hour overtime (which ended up being five because of complications). My whole body was aching three hours before my shift ended and I literally felt like collapsing. :S

To make matters worst, I missed the streetcar for 3 seconds and ended up walking for about 20 minutes. And yes, walking for that long while its dark outside, somewhat breezy and after 17 hours of work did not make it any better. Then close to the station, two drunk guys asked me a stupid question and because of the music blasting from my headphones, I didn't hear the rest of the stupid things they shouted after I walked away. Ugh, so stupid.

And it doesn't end there. I missed the connecting bus I had to take to get home by five minutes. I had to wait 30 minutes for the next one to arrive. Sigh. Then, a tourist from Czekoslovakia who was on his way to the airport sat beside me and asked me a few things. He was very pleasant to talk to and kept apologizing for not being able to effectively converse in English.

I'm just quite surprised that something so simple as the happiness of this stranger can rub on to me and actually make my day better. :D Makes me want to sing a song now.

And no, I don't have short attention span. :S

No comments: