Tuesday, October 14, 2008

don't worry, be happy

Since I don't like too much drama *cough cough*, I will write about good things (at least for now).

- It's been close to three weeks now since my tita arrived from Philippines as a tourist. We've taken her to key tourist spots and she's exhausted. Unfortunately, we're very eager to show her everything and anything we find relevant to how we live in Canada. My sister and I have decided that she will have to try different kinds of food from different countries. Afterall, our city is very diverse. First stop was Indian food. Sadly, spices didn't go very well with her sensitive tongue and stomach. :S But tomorrow is another day and it will be Korean/Japanese cuisine. There's still Greek, Italian, Thai and Vietnamese food to try and we're very excited. Wish us luck!!

- After being sick for three days, I went to work for a night shift that was spent sneezing, coughing and wearing a mask. You can only imagine how I felt dragging myself from one room to another trying to appear as healthy as I'm supposed to be. At 1130 pm, I went and said hi to a patient. The first thing she said to me that was enough to boost my ego and convince myself that I didn't look as sickly was "Wow you're beautiful". Whether she is drowsy/sleepy/medicated did not matter. Hahaha. I'll take a compliment when I can. :P

- As far as my previous drama is concerned, everything is well. ;)

4 comments:

hufana said...

uyyyy good to hear that everything's well! hahaha and yea, good luck with your aunt! i loveeeee koreannn!!! i've tried everything else on your list (except indian, but i'll try that out soonnn). maybe add mexican to your list? and french? hahaha

as for me, busy the past week. sorry di ako nakareply sa last na reply mo. so eto ako ngayon, daming oras. hahaha!!

:D

kreizyflip.livejournal.com

blueskies said...

gusto ko nga sana sa korea town talaga kaso medyo maselan mga kasama ko eh. kaya sa korean/japanese na lang. tagal ko nang nag aaya pero walang gusto. hmp. yun pala, mexican nakalimutan ko. french di ko pa rin na try. haha. :D

try ko yung link mo dati pero di na pala yun. :P

Anonymous said...

hi kristine! it's been a while.

tell your aunt to always try the chicken whenever she goes to an unfamiliar restaurant. that is my method. if i never tasted the cuisine before, i would order their chicken. i mean, how could anyone go wrong with chicken, you know? it's worked well for me, so far. XD good luck, anyway.

i'm in OB right now--how was that experience for you? i miss Med Surg. it seems like there's more to do. it's great when you hear stuff from pts, eh? especially with how you were feeling at the time. i would have to agree with the pt, btw. ;)

one time, a pt told me i was her angel and that every time i hear the one song (something with angel, i forgot), i should remember her daw. isn't that cute? sweet pts are the best!

blueskies said...

if only patients or family members understand that they would get better-than-the-average treatment (or just what i'm legally/professionaly dictated to do) if they treat us better, life would be easier for everyone. hehehe.

i think i'm stuck in med-surg (in a good way). :S even being on a specialized floor does not mean i don't see the other cases. overflow of emerg rooms makes that possible. hehe.

hope to know more bout your ob rotation!