Sunday, December 16, 2007

secret santa

After two Kris Kringles, I feel like I can start collecting pajamas. I bought two sets of pajamas thinking that I've never had one and within two weeks I received two more. I'm not complaining though. I can stay in pajamas all day if it was socially acceptable. Oh wait, didn't I just see a girl passing by wearing that outside? Errr. Maybe not then.

Word count: 3 pajamas in one sentence :$

------

After much deliberation and coercion from co-workers, I ended up attending our unit's Christmas party. Even though it meant I only slept for 3 hours because of work the following morning, it was worth it.

It was kind of odd to see everyone in some sort of fancy get-up which is way different from our drab scrubs. I almost didn't recognize some of them. Then add alcohol and music to that. :$

I was eventually pulled to the dance floor which also meant my boyfriend who insisted that he can't dance. I had to give him the look and he had to hear, "don't make me dance with your girlfriend" before he got up on his feet. A couple of upbeaty songs and one slow dance, we gave up and finished our free martinis. It was a cold night and I could have used a couple more shots of vodka or something before we went home because wearing a dress with a short jacket was a torture.

I think it was probably the safest party I've ever been to though. If anything happened, there's at least 10 doctors, a whole lot of nurses and a bunch of other health care people. :D

----------

I'm craving for candy cane hot chocolate with whipped cream

6 comments:

Athens said...

had a good laugh at the "safest party"

advance merry christmas just in case i get to busy with too many "safe parties"

blueskies said...

;)

i'll try to look for more "safe parties" myself too. hehehe.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had your candy cane, hot chocolate with whipped cream.

I haven't been blogging lately but I kind of miss doing some posting. Just passed by to say Happy New Year!

North said...

Ooops, the url was in auto and I think it got my friend's url as this is her laptop I'm using. Anyway, that's me above this comment - North.

blueskies said...

It;s nice to hear from you every now and then. I still check your blog in case you did find extra time to write a few lines though. :)

Happy New Year to you and your family too!

... and I did have my hot choco ;)

blueskies said...

It;s nice to hear from you every now and then. I still check your blog in case you did find extra time to write a few lines though. :)

Happy New Year to you and your family too!

... and I did have my hot choco ;)