Monday, December 3, 2007

so this is christmas...

Christmas tree: check
24/7 Christmas songs: check
Christmas plans: check
Christmas gifts: errr

----------------

This year, I decided to treat the family to a different Christmas celebration. My mom's been talking about going somewhere else for Christmas to free her from food planning and clean-up after the party. Since this is the first year I have some "funds", I suggested we spend a night at one of those hotels at Niagara Falls. So far, I've booked a hotel room and the rest hopefully will take care of itself.

Christmas shopping on the other hand seems to be last on my list of things to do. It feels like all I do is work, eat and sleep. I'm tempted to give everyone a gift card instead. Haha. Hmmm. I'm not completely crossing that idea off my list just yet...

---------------

21 more days to go.

Did I mention that I'm working on Dec. 31st and Jan. 1 night shift?

Yup, I will be starting the year off with: (a) giving medication (b) changing a patient's incontinent pad (c) answering call bells (d) toasting non-alcoholic chamgpagne with co-workers (e) calling family/friends

Oh, the possibilities. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

shoot. a nurse's work schedule during the holidays kinda sucks, huh? but if you don't like your relatives, i'd consider it a very good excuse. HEHEHE. i might just volunteer to take those shifts.

niagara falls! i bet it would be cool. i've only seen it on a north american tourist guidebook. also where the girlfriend of the nerd in breakfast club supposedly lives.

have fun and take crazy pictures!

blueskies said...

i know... sometimes we just kind of think about the money and how it's time-and-a-half. :D

i haven't seen breakfast club for a while now. i'm just thinking of buying those old movies and have a movie marathon of some sort one of these days.

thanks and its nice to hear from you again! :D