Monday, June 2, 2008

sunshine lollipop

The budget police strikes again. I am once again constricted to this-is-what-I-can-spend-for-this-month thought. I wish it wasn't so because summer is back and it would be next to impossible to have some sort of restraint on my expenses. Err.

One good and valid reason, if I may say so, is that the weekend I am off is the only decent "going out" time I actually get. Although it doesn't excuse me from frivolous spending, it is merely the result of all those days spent at my house looking out the window hoping someone would ask me to come out and play. That is a rare occasion as everyone is working.

This budget police, which also acts as my personal money calculator of the future, once reasoned that if I work hard then, and only then, can I play hard. The audacity of that statement can only be said by someone who doesn't know what I actually do at work. I wish we have those "bring a friend to work day". If by then he still thinks that my work is anything but "working hard", will I surrender to picking up more shifts and accepting overtime offers. Hmp.

Anyway, days in front of my trusty laptop has led me to travel sites and various deals that offers to take me to [insert location] for [insert cheap price]. This can only mean endless days of daydreaming and wishing someone can come with me and a better salary (so the budget police wouldn't mind) to fund my need to travel. Sigh.

But since that won't be happening any time soon, I will be (kind of) contented to do as I please every time I have a day off. Today will be spent watching the over-hyped Sex and the City while munching on popcorn that I will probably get sick of after a few handful. Tomorrow will be dedicated to shopping for a dress and shoes to wear to a wedding and possibly a graduation gift for my sister.

Hello Summer.

No comments: