Wednesday, January 7, 2009

this is how you do it

Almost.

He is always late and I'm always waiting. This is how it is and how it will be for the rest of our lives. My parents know it and has told him numerous times about the hours I've wasted waiting for him yet it only works for one day and back to old ways again.

One afternoon, I asked to be left at his place while he ran some errands. I picked Lars and the Real Girl as the movie to pass time instead of cleaning his place. Afterall, what's the point of staying home when I'm forced to do chores? The movie ended and he's still out. I called and he promised to be back within 30 minutes. I was so bored that I washed the dishes and cleaned the kitchen. Still nothing. Hmmm. I decided to teach him a lesson. I hid my boots, grabbed my jacket and bag and turned off all the lights as soon as I heard the car coming. Although I was a little scared of the darkness, I hid behind big boxes and kept quiet.

He noticed the boots and the fact that all my belongings were gone. He called my phone I programmed on silent and panicked a little. He mumbled under his breath, what the f*ck. For someone who does not swear, it was enough for me to laugh. I stood up and waited for him to see me. I knew he was slightly scared because he knows I will call the taxi to go home out of spite and just to teach him a lesson.

But even though I was mad, he smiled and reached inside his grocery bag and gave me my favourite chocolates. Sigh. How am I suppose to be mad now? I'm a sucker for small sweet things. That chocolate and his sometimes romantic self. Hmp.

-----------------

It's a new year and I'm excited for what is to come. Even though there are already bumps along the way, who cares? If there's anything I ask for this year, it is renewal of my faith. Faith that God will be with me through everything and anything that will happen. ;)

No comments: