Tuesday, December 30, 2008

talk to me

Look here / Hold on / *click / I wanna go to the beach / It would be about 24 hours from here / Not when you come from Saudi / *click / That's a nice one / *click / Let me just upload them in the computer

Would you like me to make your tea? / No, no, I'll teach you how to do it / Did I make it wrong last time / Yes, it tasted different / Oh *laughs / You shouldn't leave the tea bag the whole time. You have to constantly move it up and down to let it brew / Ohhh. I guess I never really had time to do it that way, I barely have enough time to have a cup of tea before going to work / Breakfast is really important you know / I know

Why don't you take a shower now? / But they're here already / Tell him / Maybe when they leave

What's wrong? / Nothing / Are you mad? / Nope / Are you upset? / Nope / I'm sorry / No big deal, I just wanted to let you know that sometimes you feel like a stranger. That's all

So that's how you play it / *laughs / Maybe here / You sank my battleship / I think I lost / No, not yet there's one more

Where are you from originally? / Philippines / How long have you been here? / About 10 years / So you were 14 when you came here. I don't detect any accent / *laughs It comes out when I'm nervous and at random times / I wouldn't have thought

* some are real conversations I've had while some are from my dreams

------
Was it a dream or did I think of it? It felt so real and at some parts of the dream, I wanted it to be just that. Real. It's been a while since I've had dreams. I'm not sure whether it's because I haven't been sleeping well or was it the change to a fluffier pillow. Hmmm.
------
I saw a rainbow after working a night shift. I saw it end to end with no breaking points. I guess, I saw the rainbow in its full glory - vibrant and uninterrupted. I took a snapshot of it without a camera. I don't think I need a picture to remember such beauty. At least not this time.

No comments: