Monday, January 11, 2010

break time

Once again I am forced to edit my life. I say life because I've acquired and kept them throughout the years and edit because I have to choose wisely.

Sigh.

I hate cleaning up cabinets and whatnots because I always get distracted by what's in it - cards, letters, memorabilias, photos and random things. You name it, I have it. I saw a bunch of magazine pages that I don't even remember why I found them interesting. Is it Eminem's picture or a list of songs at the back? Then I found sketches I did of cartoon characters and objects in scraps of paper. Are they worth keeping? Still there are those report cards from Kindergarten, school ID from grade school and program for awards night from highschool that I would like to hold on to for as long as I can.

Hmm.

Does it really matter? Do I really need to keep things from the past in order to remember them? I mean, sure my memory can be a little bit unreliable at times but how often do I really need to look back?

So far, the garbage bag is half full.

Goodbye newspaper clippings. Goodbye highschool exam reviewers. So long, random letters and notes. Thank you for the memories keychains. Goodbye mysterious cd's and floppy discs. Sayonara stubs, tickets and brochures.

Hello empty cabinet - wait til I fill you up again.

4 comments:

chicken salad eww said...

NOOOOO U THREW THEM AWAYYYYYY~~~~~ NOOOOOOOO~~~~~~~ even those letters?!! NOOOOOOO~~~~~

blueskies said...

who's this?

hahaha :P

porkbun said...

you know who this is!! don't change the subject! hahaha!

blueskies said...

ohhhhh i thought it was someone else. hahaha

no, no. :P