Saturday, January 23, 2010

it's only words

A serious conversation:

me: *after a lenghty explanation of why I'm annoyed at him
J: What do you mean?
me: Which one?
J: What does that word that you used mean?
me: Are you kidding?
J: I'm serious. How would I know what you're saying if you're using big words.
me: *laughs And this is why we can't have a serious conversation.

I can't be mad at him. I really can't.
----------------

I hate the word syota. I cringe when I hear it and scolds anyone who dares to use it. I heard J use it once while talking to my brother and couldn't help but pinch him hard - to remember never to use it again and for even daring to mention it.

I can't even begin to describe my hatred for this word. Ugh.
---------------

A patient of mine told the manager that I'm a keeper. It's a compliment I readily and gratefuly take as it doesn't come often. It makes it even more special that she's also a nurse.
---------------

My friend and I talked about the impending doom of hospitals cutting down on nursing staff and redistributing them in other units of the hospital. It's a scary thought especially when my seniority level looms only above 4 other nurses. We joked that if retail stores offer as much money, we would leave our job. It rarely is about the money, but the way things are sometimes, I know otherwise.

Stress is not my friend.
-------------

me: She's telling me that they're cutting nurses in their hospital to hire RPN's instead
J: They're cutting a cyst in her uterus?
me: What the? Where'd you get that?
J: Why? What did you say?
me: *explains it again
J: See, I'm even right beside you and I can't hear properly
me: That's not a good reason

I hate having to repeat myself and J puts this to the test almost everyday. I have a feeling he is slightly deaf in one or both ears - that or I just speak too light. Erm.
--------------

Is it weird that I yell out yoink when I'm about to take something?

2 comments:

yoink said...

"Is it weird that I yell out yoink when I'm about to take something?"

yes.... and we discussed about this ages ago!!!!!

blueskies said...

but doesn't it just fit when you do it though? i mean it's almost unnatural if you don't say yoink given the chance.

i say you try it one time and you won't be able to stop :P

erm. :S