Saturday, January 16, 2010

give me a break

J can be a wall that can be challenging to talk to. I've tried to tell him things as blunt as I can and at times sugarcoated when I feel like it but so far nothing sticks. I wonder if my communication skills is at fault or whether he is doing this in purpose.

I think I'm being too hard on him sometimes.

I'm waiting for him to tell me to shut up. Really.
------------------

Another 13.5 hours of work gone by courtesy of unwanted overtime. I wouldn't be so cranky if I just had a 30 minute break to eat my lunch peacefully. I don't blame my patients. Who wants to stay in the hospital anyway? They are there for a reason and so am I. It's the workload I'm not too happy about.

I also heard a rumour that I'm good with students, which is why I'm given two at the same time. They follow me around hoping I would do something interesting or even worse to say something intelligent. I talk about the same old thing - I graduated about three years ago and I've been working here ever since. I try my best nonetheless because I still remember how it is to be a student.

In fact, I'm still a student. Everyday there is something new - literally.
------------------

Blank.

No comments: