Monday, March 1, 2010

40 hours later

It doesn't seem that long ago when I helped J moved from his parent's house to an apartment and back again before a year passed. After much deliberation, he finally bought a place of his own and the moving saga began again.

It has been very tiring to say the least.

This time around, we are (finally) convinced that the extra money you pay for delivery is worth every penny - of course it was too late. We hauled a giant mattress on top of our heads to tie it on top of the van while it was freezing cold. By the time we were at his place, he couldn't convince me to do any other work except prepare the take-out soup for late dinner.
----------------------

I had another preview of what life would be if I married J:

- I need earplugs to sleep
- grocery shopping will consist of buying 4 items everyday instead of one good shopping trip with everything you need for a week. ugh.
- cost vs. use. I had to convince him that paying good money for something you will use often/everyday (ie. jeans, shoes, bed) is better than buying according to price and have it replaced more often
- I will be picking up after him. ugh.
- he takes longer than I do to get ready (and that's including make-up)
- we're both competing for who can have a shorter attention span
- I hate browsing/window shopping (esp furniture) and he could do it all day, everyday
- closet space will consist of 2/3s his and 1/3 mine

----------------------

I can't wait for summer.
I am done with this cold season.

No comments: