Sunday, March 14, 2010

guilty as charged

Yesterday, I received a dozen pink roses and a bear holding a heart with an I love you scribbled in it. J was once again guilty of something. He showed up in my house without calling me first knowing that I would have told him he's not invited to my sister's birthday anymore if he did.

I am a sucker for sorry's and he is an expert in saying it. Sadly, it's a perfect combination if you ask me.

I still tell him that he does things out of guilt.
-----------------

Every now and then, we engage in "deep talks". We usually don't agree and we're both stubborn enough to insist we're right. Sometimes, I just like to say things to push his buttons because I want to know how his mind works.

So far, I can proudly say I have "won" one such debate and the rest are a draw.
-----------------

We have a wedding to attend to in a few months and I am already dreading the questions of when our turn will be. I really just wish J would lie and pretend he has a plan and say "maybe next year" instead of leaving me hanging to smile and laugh as if I didn't care.

I like plans even if disappointment usually follows. I like plans just for the sake of planning. I like planning to look forward to something.

I seriously want to tell him to just say he's not ready yet than play deaf at their questions.

No comments: