Friday, January 7, 2011

my heart beats for you

As I type this, I can feel my heart beat faster and harder.
Palpitations.
This is not new.
I can't seem to recall when it exactly started though.
It's quite tiring.
To be aware of every lub-dub beat.
I feel the need to inhale and exhale deeper.
I've been thinking about going to the doctor for a visit.
What do I say?
You see, I've been having palpitations.
I know what the next question would be.
Have you been under stress lately?
My reply - everyday I work.
But why does my heart beat like this even on my days off?
-----------------------------
I gave J a birthday card.
He left the last one at a restaurant.
I wrote something sweet and then I wondered, when will I get a reply?
I want a card too.
------------------------------
I want to be carefree again.
Even for one day.
One full day.

No comments: