Saturday, January 15, 2011

roses are red

A month from now is our anniversary. I've been thinking about a gift because I'm sentimental/corny like that. So far, I've been on the fence whether I want to be romantic or practical. Should I get a lovey dovey kind of gift or something he likes like Lego. Choices, choices.

I went the latter route for my Christmas and birthday gift to him. It felt funny. It almost feels like we're old couples who would rather ask what each other wanted. He, on the other hand, decided to be romantic - in his own way. I gave him a DVD set of some series he's been talking about while the other one resulted from a trip to an electronic store for a pick-what-you-want-and-I'll-pay-for-it. Erm

When does it end? The sweet, corny phase of any relationship. Hmmm.

2 comments:

hufana said...

I think the sweet/corny part of a relationship is what keeps it exciting. I know it's different for other people though, do maybe it's just me. Hmm.

blueskies said...

I think the same way. It doesn't have to be like how it was the first month of the relationship all the time but it would be nice to feel like that again sometimes. Sigh.