Monday, September 10, 2007

september, you love me don't you?

A day in bed (literally) does wonders:

1.) AHA! moment for a surprise/gift - My creative juices for gift giving has for some time been reduced to a drip or a squeeze once a month. This means, monthsaries are reduced to a card-giving routine or a movie-and-a-dinner extravaganza, if any. Sigh. Anyway, my trusty laptop, slow wireless connection and comfy bed led me to the city's entertainment centers listing. A few misses and I eventually clicked at Air Combat Zone. I'm not a big fan of shooting games or military/aircraft related stuff but someone is. From the description, we'll be aboard an F/A-18 Hornet air combat flight simulator. I just hope he does like it. :$

2.) Calculating September budget - I have yet to save a penny from my income so I typed up a budget. So far, it's been as laughable as my new year's resolution. Aside from my monthly bills that I have acquired, it's my mom's and my brother's birthday. I promised my brother that my gift will be putting an alarm on his car and my mom is hinting that she wants the same shoes I have. Aside from that, I haven't had a chance to treat the whole family for a dinner which is a must when someone in the family gets a job. Errr. So today, I was convinced budgets won't work for me. At least not this year.

3.) Recover - After three days of 12 hour shifts, I finally had a chance to sleep in and relax. Even though I've been leaving work late just in time to have a quick bite, a few minutes of much needed venting/conversation with anyone who would listen and 4-6 hours of sleep, I'm generally happy. This would be my life now and I need to adjust now and stop bitching and complaining every chance I get. Sure, there will be bad days, but hopefully good days will shadow those and all will be well. Daily mantra: life is good. *repeat x times*

Because of above reasons/excuses I missed on doing other things including: cleaning my room, 3 loads of laundry, getting a haircut, calling friends to make appointments to catch up.

I'll leave you with: Closer by Travis and Why Does It Always Rain On Me by Travis (I've been humming/singing these two songs out loud while working. Haha)

4 comments:

Athens said...

i love september!!!

hmmm dating top gun? hehehehehe

on my beerday i was on night shift but i cut my self some slack and declared a birthday leave (even if theres no such thing as having one)

blueskies said...

so far, september has been good to me so i can't complain.

hindi naman. haha.

i'm hoping i won't be working on my bday, otherwise i'll end up doing the same thing you did. haha

Anonymous said...

you'll get used to it in the end...when, i have no idea. my cousins i'm living with here have that kind of life (asa medical din sila eh) and i really don't know where they get that much energy. i mean, i would just sleep the minute i get home, my god. but hey, they can do it. i'm sure you and hopefully, me, can do the juggling and do it well...pretty soon. :D

sorry pala for not visiting in a while.

blueskies said...

that's what i'm striving for - a balanced social life and work. okay...that sounded great in my head. haha.

yeah...we'll get thru it. *cue some optimistic music*

it's okay...seems like you had a blast! :D