Sunday, September 30, 2007

wanna fight?

We finally had a chance to dine at Medieval Times. Although it was quite expensive and a bit awkward to eat with my fingers while trying to capture the moments with my point-and-shoot, the show was amazing. I wanted to take a picture with the Red and/or Black&White knight at the end but he got jealous because I was gushing too much about their hotness. Hahaha. Although I hate the idea of "treat me like a princess" mentality, the knight-in-shining-armour is a whole different concept I'm kind of attracted to. :P

----------------------
Ever since we discovered the cheap theater close to his area, we have been watching movies 1-2 times a week. The latest one was The Kingdom. I'm not a big fan of war movies unless they have a purpose (ie. Schindler's List) as oppose to merely glorifying violence and stereotyping certain religions/nationality. In my opinion, The Kingdom just happens to be the latter. The ending was just horrible because it leaves a bitter taste, if I may say so. The violence I could take (even though I gagged at certain parts) but the effect it can have mentally on people who are easily influenced by such encouraging words was uneccessary. Ah, world peace when will you be attained. When everyone is gone? Sigh.

-------------------

I wonder what has happened to the US dollar? Eek! Although it's kind of good to have the Canadian dollar worth more because that can mean shopping across the border will be even more rewarding, it will definitely have some consequences. I'm not one to dwell on the economic aspect of it but hopefully, whatever it may be won't be that horrible.

4 comments:

Nikka said...

i have no idea what happened to the dollar. lol. hi kristine!

why not watch horror movies instead? or psycho thrillers? like you, i find the gory stuff kind of gratuitous.

blueskies said...

hey stranger! :P it's been a while..i miss reading your blog. hehehe. '

but then i get soooo nervous. i was watching csi or another similar show and it was just too much. haha. i ended up not watching it all thinking í'm gonna dream about it. sigh.

maybe i'll stick to comedy and drama (even though i miss watching horror movies)

Julius Manalo said...

yey! more reason for me to go shopping on ebay!

blueskies said...

hahaha. i don't even want to start on ebay, might get addicted. :P