Thursday, October 4, 2007

patience is a virtue

There are times that my patience has been drained to the last drop. And yet, I still smile out of politeness and in most cases, out of professionalism. It's a big word that I keep reminding myself of when my head is about to explode and mouth just itching to give someone a piece of my mind.

Someone told me in a matter of fact manner that she can never be a nurse because she doesn't have the patience to deal with people. I didn't respond fearing that the next thing I would blurt out was, "you're draining mine!!!" During these instances, I find time to go to the washroom, look at myself in the mirror, sigh deeply, smile and pray that time will go faster.

-----------------

It's Thanksgiving long weekend and I'll be working. Good thing though that Monday will give me a break to at least have some time with the family and maybe go for apple picking or just to have dinner.

The holiday wish list, as they call it, was finally displayed early on this week. It basically gives us a choice on which holiday we'd like to have our days off, Christmas or New Year's. I haven't decided yet. Christmas is a family tradition that entails going to the mass before midnight, opening presents early in the morning and eating a lot. New Year on the other hand deserves to be a stress free night because as the saying goes, however you feel during the beginning of the year will reflect on what will happen for the rest of the year. Sigh. Choices, choice.

No comments: