Monday, October 8, 2007

tidbits

It's Thanksgiving a.k.a. Turkey Day today. Thankfully, I'm not working and missing out on another family gathering. Sure it would have been great if I had extra money to put in my bank account but that's another whine for another day. Besides, three days of consecutive 12-hour shifts were long enough to drain my energy. Anyway...yes, Thanksgiving.

Dinner today will be at my house. Whether we will have turkey or not will be left to those who will be willing to eat it for at least a week: turkey sandwich, soup with turkey, fried turkey etc. Yeah, the many faces of leftover dinner. But of course I'm very thankful we have food on our table. :P

Things to be thankful of: warm weather today / meaningful songs / 9 more minutes of sleep courtesy of snooze option / smoothies / sodium bicarb (long story) / late night phone calls / paid day-off / detergent smell / sales / everyday

---------------

After my Saturday shift, my friend invited me to drop by her house because it was her daughter's birthday. I was a bit hesitant because of work the next day but decided it's not everyday I see her anyway. We ended up watching Pacquiao's fight there with a bunch of excited guys who ooohhh-ed and ahhhh-ed everytime a punch landed on someone's face. I must say that boxing can be both unbearable and exciting.

Of course, Pacman won and all is well in the boxing world again. I didn't know that he's only 28 though. I thought he was at least 30+. Errr. 0_o

---------------

I decided to throw out/give away a lot of my old clothes. What's the point of keeping clothes that I haven't worn for a year? Unless they're for special occassion, there really is no excuse for storing them in my tiny dresser for whatever reason. It's kinda funny though because the decision making process of to-keep-or-not-to-keep seems to associate itself with memories too. I keep thinking of when I wore it and a certain moment flashes in my head like a picture.

I almost want to keep some for memories sake or for sentimental reasons but that would be a lame excuse.

---------------

Jukebox tune: Walou by Outlandish

3 comments:

Nikka said...

kristineeeee! nursing school is crazy. i wonder how you did it!

how's work? (i'm mainly asking for selfish reasons. i want to know if i can handle it myself.)

i'm hanging in here, tho. i think. midterms are coming up and it's scaaaarrrry.

but yeah, about keeping keepsakes. well. i think one dress wouldn't be too out of order, especially if it was a special memory. heeeeee.

blueskies said...

i don't know how i did it either! hahaha. as for work, i'll write a post about my first day or should i say night of being by myself. eek!

yeah..just hang in there! it'll go by so fast... goodluck though!

after a sentimental moment, i ended up just giving them away anyway. i have pictures of them, thats enough. haha.

Athens said...

metabolic alkalosis???? hahahahaha