Thursday, October 18, 2007

hello pimple

After nine hours of sleep, I woke up feeling crappy. Sleeping in is definitely a treat and a necessity after a few days of hard work or even after a day of leisure but it eventually leads to laziness and crankiness.

I finally convinced myself to leave my comfy bed and eat something to satisfy my empty stomach. I went to the washroom to brush my teeth and looked at myself in the mirror and thought to myself, "I'm not ugly". I don't think I'm being vain or experiencing some sort of ego-boosting-moment but merely a realization that I like myself.

I have a huge pimple on my left cheek taunting me every time I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. And of course who could forget a few other imperfections that I care not to list as I've become accustomed to the fact that smooth skin has long been gone thanks to puberty. At that moment, I didn't care about those.

Anyway, before I get caught up in this whole thing... the point is that even if I didn't take a shower yet, no make-up to hide my blemishes, wearing a simple green top and messy hair, I still liked what I saw. :D

I'm just following what the priest suggested,start the morning with a I-am-beautiful mantra.

- end of moment -

2 comments:

Athens said...

the other day i had this weird pimple in my ear. i swear i freak out if theres a pimple on my face..

semester just ended and thank God i can give myself a break from the you know what hehehehehe

blueskies said...

haha. me too! but i just convince myself its normal. *sigh*

lucky you! i wish i have a semester break too.