Tuesday, July 14, 2009

ahhh vacation

I've been eating food we brought back from our trip non-stop. Breakfast. Lunch. Snack. Dinner. Breakfast consists of a cup of green tea with tarts and some biscuit I found at the grocery store. When there's nothing to eat for lunch or dinner, pancit canton and orange-mango or sweet ponkan juice saves the day. Every now and then I snack on yema, uraro, pastillas and tamarind candy. We've banned polvoron from our things-to-buy since everyone's sick of them and they're left on our cupboards for a very very long time. Ewww.

-------------------

There's really not much to say about our vacation except that it was fun and definitely memorable. I haven't seen some of my relatives since I moved here while some of them longer than that. I'm even surprised that no one dared mention "naaalala ko nung ganito ka pa kaliit". I'm kind of concerned that the reason they didn't say anything along those lines was because I haven't changed. Erm. Anway, every day there was a celebration and never a dull moment which is a far cry from what happens here. It's been a week since I've been back and I feel like I've been stuck at home to sleep and eat all day. Erm. Then again, what kind of vacation would that be if I'm bored all the time?

I wish I could go back every year without compromising my other plans of visiting other places and saving money for the "future" though.

My sister is trying to convince me to take vacation to visit our family in US for a few days and my friend wants me to visit her. Now if only both places didn't require a plane ride and a few hundred dollars worth of hard-earned cash, I would have packed my bags and cleared my schedule without hesitation. In saying that, I'm not ruling out the possibility. If my manager gives me the go, then why not. J is also going to Philippines for a month and is hoping I join him too. I said yes only if (a) he pays for my ticket (b) my manager agrees and (c) he gives me a cheque with the amount of money that I would have made if I didn't go on vacation. With those conditions, all signs point to no. Sigh.

No comments: