Wednesday, September 22, 2010

whatever comes to mind

My thoughts often wander between work, life, love, family and everything in between almost simultaneously. One after another I think of the possibilities and then just like that, move on.

I stumbled upon a newspaper article and learned a valuable lesson - "wherever you are, is where you're supposed to be". He said applying it to every aspect of your life will bring you peace and happiness.

Contentment, I suppose, is my take on it.

Every now and then I think, am I suppose to move up or on? Better pay? Get higher education to get out of the bedside and physical labor? Some people seem to think so. But I say, I'm good for now. Is it laziness or contentment? I am not sure.

When my relationship is shaky, to say the least, do I let go or hang on? Am I suppose to be with him or meet someone else? Is it contentment or fear? It's hard to say.

I dream of a different life sometimes. But needless to say, my life isn't that bad regardless of the stress, the problems and the hurt I have to endure. It is what it is.

And when all else fails, I'm convinced that the other life lesson is helpful - "smile as often and as genuinely as you can".

As much of a crybaby as I am, I do convince myself to live by this as often as I can. However hard it may be.

Erm.

*article*

-------------------------------
During a conversation over dinner, someone blurted out "you can't eat love". I wanted to say, "money isn't everything" but that might have prompted more discussion and I was too tired to participate.

Funny enough, I always tell my coworkers "that's what my money is for", when they tell me that they pity the guy who will marry me because I can't cook. :P

Hello take-out meals!

Horrible and not too practical I know. I guess that would be another lesson that I will eventually have to learn. :D

No comments: