Monday, November 29, 2010

breaking point

I reached my breaking point Friday night at work. Frustrated, cranky and hungry does not mix well together. I was beginning to feel sick from all the nonsense that I informed them I'm not coming back the next day. I got home at 10:30 half-frozen and convinced that I can't be a superwoman. I guess the upset stomach I had to endure the next day was the last straw to convince me that my decision was right.

-----------------



Family member: I would like to pay for a private nurse.

Me: Sure, but I would suggest hiring a personal aid worker instead of a nurse. I can provide you the number and you can ask about the cost you will have to pay.

FM: You won't pay for that?

Me: No. She does not need it in my opinion.

FM: The other patient in the room called for a nurse and it took 5 minutes for the nurse to come.

Me: *blank look*

-----------------------

Did he just say 5 minutes?? I guess we are all suppose to be like Flash - right where you want in a blink of an eye. Who cares if we're in report to know whats going on? I guess it doesn't matter if we're with another patient because we are expected to be in two places.

Did someone call for Super(wo)man?

Wait, let me get my cape.

----------------------

Three group of friends translates to three different holiday get-together. Did I mention two groups out of the three are nurses which means there's at least one with a different shift?

Is it just me or does life generally revolve around work?

Eek.

Tomorrow, I will change my opinion and say life is about friends, family, love and experiences.

No comments: