Friday, August 10, 2007

all work and no play

Yesterday's trip to the mall wasn't as fun as I hoped it would be. I mentally made a list of what I could/should buy: shoes, semi-formal/grown-up tops, baby shower gift and jeans. For someone who likes to shop, this would be an exciting opportunity but I am not one of them. It wasn't even about the money, I just can't be at the mall by myself.

I dragged my feet to every shoe store browsing at their collection of lifestyle/casual shoes hoping to find a replacement for the pair I bought in Philippines. I guess I shouldn't have made it into my nursing shoes even though the whiteness of it was just begging for it to be. Sigh. So now, I'm left shoe-less and frustrated. If after two more trips to the mall for shoe shopping leads to disappointment, I might have to ask my mom to buy me the same exact one while she's still in Philippines. Hehe.

----

A week ago, I cut my finger while attempting to crack open a vial of Gravol. Lucky me, my finger slipped right through the broken glass which led to bleeding and panic. It wasn't because I hate blood but more so because it would be embarrassing. Haha. Since I was at work, it was dealt with in a different way as I would have if I was at home:
(1) wash hands with antibacterial soap
(2) tell my mentor about said incident
(3) run to the supply room and apply gauze
(4) wipe it with alcohol swab (it stings!)
(5) put band-aid and a clear, waterproof dressing so I can still wash my hands later
(6) file an incident report
(7) prepare the medication again and go back to work
And so far I've had the manager, nurse-in-charge and the occupational health nurse ask me how my finger is doing.

-----------
While I was looking through my online album, I noticed two tags displayed that I have NEVER used: beautiful and gorgeous. Curious as to what pictures could possibly have those tags, I investigated. Much to my dismay, both were a unflattering picture of myself that I didn't particularly like. WTH!

So many odd things happening.

Did anyone get that circulating forward/email about "two moons on August 27"? Hopefully I'm not working that day. Superstitious nurses say that during a full moon, a lot of thing happen in the hospital. Eek!

No comments: