Friday, August 24, 2007

but they're busy

As I lay comfortably in my bed, typing away at my most expensive purchase to date, a fly keeps bumping in to the screen. I thought it was only moths that are attracted to light but then again I'm not an expert regarding the insect world. I'm not sure where they're coming from because there seems to be some sort of get together party in the kitchen. All I can say is that my mom won't be happy.


She's finally back after a three week unexpected trip to Philippines. The table is once again filled with yema, chicharon, pastillas, boy bawang and ding dongs. Yumm. I got clothes, a bag, pen, wallet and earrings. I only asked for unexpensive pearl earrings (because I lost the ones I bought) and a make-up remover from Bench. I bought it before out of sheer desperation to buy something extra and surprisingly it's the only one that I've tried that actually works without excessive rubbing whenever I use waterproof mascara.

--------------

The past week was anything but relaxing. I won tickets to a baseball game. My unit had a name-the-newsletter contest and thanks to one AHA! moment, I was given a chance to go to my first trip to the huge dome. Even though we didn't really stay for the whole game, I had a great time. We were even shown on the big screen twice! It was kinda funny coz I was trying to look where the cameraman is while trying to look as normal as possible. Hahaha.

The rest of the week was preparing for a surprise 25th wedding anniversary celebration. We were assigned to take care of the invitation and slide show. With the amount of time given to us, we did pretty well. I can only wish for something like that when I reach that part of my life too.

Even before the big day, I was also invited to a fancy dinner. Although I'm more of a fast food type of girl, every now and then I want to experience eating at fancy restaurants. Sure the food is expensive and the servings small but if everything else is perfect then it's worth it. I'm definitely suggesting that once a month we'll eat at different restaurants. Haha.



And before I have I go insane and hunt down that fly, I'm gonna go to sleep. I'm working nights this weekend and although it's good practice to sleep late, my body says otherwise.

The first comment I got from my aunt when we picked them up from the airport is how pale I look. Sigh.

2 comments:

Julius Manalo said...

i told you u're going to get food! hahah! don't forget yema for me!!

photos are too small!!!

blueskies said...

we have this HUGE yemas and they're too sweet. there's something in the middle and it's like sugar rush in your mouth. i'll drop by some in your house k?

what's your address again? haha.

and the photos are okay! :P what's with all the exclamation marks? take a deep breath... :D