Friday, August 3, 2007

oh the heat, the heat

Finally, I can say that it's summer. Not because I've been doing my usual summer activities. Not even because I don't have school to worry about. But simply because it's HOT!

I must admit that setting my shower to warm on a hot day does not help my goal to feel fresh. At the end of it, I keep wondering whether I'm still damp from the shower or if I'm already sweating.

-------------------

It's been two weeks of night shift and as expected, it has taken a toll on my body. My appetite barely exists and my sleep pattern screwed up. Good thing I have three days to adjust before I start on days. After getting paid, there is something to look forward to. There are days that I just want to call-in-sick but still go through the motions of getting ready until I'm convinced that it would be a waste of effort to get back to bed.

In any case, it's my weekend off and I have no plans. Sigh.
--------------------

I have too much to write but I keep doubting my grammar and it's bugging me. I write in incomplete sentences at work (charting) and I'm tempted to do the same. Maybe next time. Errr.

4 comments:

noreen said...

sobrang init din dito sa Pinas. erratic kasi sa hapon, umuulan naman dahil sa cloud seeding. pero after ng ulan, mainit pa rin. ang weird ng weather dito!

buti kahit night shift ka, di ka naman nakakatulog during ur shifts. :D marami akong kakilala na nung bago sila sa night shift, sobrang antok nila. hehehe

blueskies said...

ang tagal na yatang nag aantay ng ulan ng iba dito. laging may forecast na "thunderstorm" pero di matuloy tuloy. hehehe. pero sobrang init at humid nga.

hindi pa naman ako nakakatulog habang nag ta-trabaho. kahit nga break ko, hirap pa rin makatulog minsan. lagi kasing may tumatawag...hindi nag tatagal na nakaupo. hehe.

Anonymous said...

tanong ko...nag clinicals ka na ba nung first quarter of your third year? kase im only starting and they said wala pa daw kaming clinicals. if so, what do you usually do and learn, then? (thanks for the info.)

but yeah, scary schedule. sige lang, me financial rewards naman yan sa huli. at sabihin mo sa sarili mo, "homehealth...magpapatayo ako ng sariling homehealth someday..." hehehhehe.

have fun!

blueskies said...

simula na kami ng clinical second semester pa lang ng first year (sa nursing home). nung second year ko ang clinical sa general surgical floors at rehab. tapos third year naman community (school, clinics, shelters) and last year balik ulit sa "floor" (maternity, pediatric, surgical etc)

nung second year puro "shadowing" lang at basic care ginagawa kasi parang nakakatakot pa. mas natuto lang ng skills nung 4th year na talaga. ang gulo kong kausap noh. haha. sana mag ka kita tayo sa ym para mas masaya. :D