Tuesday, February 10, 2009

gloomy as it gets

It's a sad day today as the forecast points to gray skies and rain for the whole day. Sigh. If I could stay under my warm blanket without falling asleep, that's what I would do. Instead, I woke up early to start the day with loads of laundry and to have three meals for the day, not including snacks. Afterall, I still need to regain the weight I lost last weekend. Hmp.

While waiting for one load of laundry to finish, the TV remote is at my command. All I hear about in the news is recession, recession and more recession. It's concerning to hear about lay-offs, welfare strain and bailout plans. At work, we've had meetings about the hospital's budget and how it will affect us in the present and in the future. If I may say so, it's hard to be optimistic in a time like this but what else is there to do?

As the Bible say, "so do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of it's own. Today's trouble is enough for today". :D

----------------

Anyway.

I'm slowly getting ready for June. I bought some summer clothes and accessories so it won't make a dent on my savings. I have yet to buy pasalubong for my cousins/relatives but I already have some idea on what I can get. I'm just being a smart shopper. :D

2 comments:

hufana said...

oh wow you're going to phils. this june? for how long?

i'd probably add you as a link on my blog when i get the time. I'm back to blogspot after 2 years of not using it. haha!

blueskies said...

yup. we'll be having a family reunion and i was thinking of staying there for 2-3 weeks depending on how much vacation i can get. :D i'm really excited!

and will do the same :D