Sunday, February 22, 2009

work is work is work

I am a couch potato at home during my days off because when I work, I work. Simple as that. :S

For two nights now, I have been in and out of patients' rooms endlessly - no time for breaktime nap and certainly no time for sitting around. I don't even know how we manage to let out a smile after the nights that we've had recently.

Last night, I was on break but I kept hearing footsteps outside the room I was and then the cart which meant something serious is going on. I tried to drown the sounds by listening to music but even that couldn't stop my racing thoughts. I ended up cutting my break since I couldn't sleep anyway and relieved my coworkers for their own break instead.

One more night and I surely hope we survive this one. The third night is definitely a killer. A sore back and sleepless days/nights isn't helping either. Sigh.

Someone said, "you guys should think of another type of work while you're still young".

I say, "I think I'm stuck". :S

Anyway, time to catch a snooze. I'll have to sleep the day away and wake up just in time for a shower and start the night all over again.

No comments: