Tuesday, April 27, 2010

i must be another year older

The weekend was both fun and tiring. I celebrated my birthday on three separate occasions - at home, dinner with J and a gathering after church. The last one happened because J's parents found out after a church member greeted me. I don't like to be the center of attention but who says no to a generous gift like that? Erm.
-----------------------

This year, I received money (yey), a single rose and a very amusing card from a friend and a Coach bag.

J for some reason decided not to get me a gift. *rolls eyes* I am somewhat disappointed as I am a very sentimental person. I wasn't expecting an expensive gift but some sort of effort would have been fine. Sure, dinner was great but I like something tangible. I would have appreciated a card or something equally thoughtful and meaningful.

I guess this just proves we are not in the courting phase of our relationship anymore. We are in the comfortable phase wherein things are just "understood". Sigh.

(I'll just have to share the same sentiments on his birthday. Hahaha)
-----------------------

I have yet to receive approval for my June/July vacation. Hmp.

No comments: