Monday, April 27, 2009

this is not the end, yet

I was doing perfectly fine when it unexpectedly hit me while praying. The pastor said something and next thing I knew, I was unable to control my tears. A few minutes later, it seemed like the well wouldn't dry up and I excused myself and stood outside the church. I'm sure it was cold but it somehow didn't matter. J followed and comforted me as I made faces to lighten the mood and stop myself from becoming too emotional.

The Church didn't know about what happened and somehow, I felt better that way. It wasn't until someone deduced my tears to what was written on my Friendster that they realized. Word spread throughout and when J's parent's asked me, I couldn't even talk. Instead, tears flowed freely and abundantly again.

The pastor called me to the front and laid their hands on me. A prayer for my Grandma and for my family was offered. I was comforted. In tears I felt some relief and comfort that God is with me. Every hug and handshake I got was very sincere and heartfelt. They knew my pain.
------------------------

On a much lighter note, J treated me to dinner at the CN Tower's revolving restaurant. It took a little bit of time to adjust to the revolving part of it as we felt dizzy and odd. The food was pricey but some of it was good - especially the ordinary but yummy apple pie-ish dessert with a scoop of ice cream in the middle. This one could rival my Jello obsession anytime. Haha.

It actually felt like a first date with someone I've known for a long time. :)
------------------------

I've been off work for a week and instead of boasting about how well-rested I am or how much sleep I've had, it seems like it's the exact opposite.

No comments: