Monday, April 6, 2009

sing me a song

I am rarely without earphones when I am by myself outside the house. I like to shut other people's conversation out of my head and be in my own world. Then there's the need to mentally prepare myself for work too. I need a good song to be stuck in my head to blurt out once in a while while walking down the hall to get ready to deal with difficult patients. My sanity sometimes depends on that particular song - something to hum while I escape to my happy place if only for a second.

Some days, I get stuck with Womanizer and Day and Night.

Overplayed songs? Yes.
Sometimes, I don't mind though. I just need a good beat.
---------
Lately, it seems like wedding questions have been umm popping up more frequently than they used to. At work, they ask if the day is coming and depending on my mood, my answer becomes (a) we don't have any money yet (b) I'm still helping my parents (c) it's not in our plans yet (d) he didn't ask me yet (e) I don't really know.

Then we also get these questions while at church. I'm not sure if people are getting antsy about it or whether they just want some sort of closure. Erm. I mean, have it finalized and certain. But why? What's the rush?

It's not like being married is the end all and be all of everything.
--------

Too many thoughts in my head.
Stressed about work.
Uncertainty of what is to come.
Mind-numbing rationalization of my behaviour.
The need to be okay.
Sigh.

--------
Excuse me while I listen to this. It reminds me of something I can't remember. A summer of some sort or was it during the school year? Who knows. All I know is that it's a song to just sit back and relax - no need to pick at the lyrics...

No comments: