Thursday, April 30, 2009

ding dong

... chimed the doorbell at 10 in the morning.

I treat the doorbell like I would the phone. I only answer depending on my mood and whether or not I have an idea of who it could be on the other side. I dislike unknown callers (as suggested by caller ID) as much as I dislike opening the door for unannounced visitors especially when I'm alone.

A young attractive man wearing a crisp grey suit with a Bible in hand greeted me. I was already uncomfortable to begin with because I was wearing my somewhat see-through pjs but there was no turning back anymore. He shared the word of God before he casually asked what my religion is. I answered with hesitation as I know it's not really religion but rather a lifestyle as I was told numerous times. He nodded with what I can only interpret as approval as if to say "better than nothing". I let him talk while thinking to myself that it was a good idea that I decided to put a sweater on top of what I was wearing. He thenpromised to come and visit again while I ponder the points written on the pamphlet.

I didn't want to be rude and dismiss his effort. Afterall, I know how much courage it takes to do what they do. Aside from that, when am I really home? I work most days and it's rare that I'm awake at 10 in the morning anyway. Erm.
--------------

Everyday I play different kinds of guessing games:
- Sunny or rainy? Warm or cool? Which will tie in with whether or not I should water my dad's plants
- Is there enough food to eat three times a day or not?
- Will he call or not?
- Will I be cranky or smile throughout the day?

I know... some are really choices instead of a game of chance but I would like to believe otherwise. I am stubborn or lazy that way.
--------------

I made the couch my temporary bed while my parents are away. I am now convinced that leather is not my friend and size does matter. Erm.

No comments: