Thursday, April 2, 2009

material girl

Pardon my materialistic side, but I am in the process of searching the perfect gift for myself. By the end of this month, I will have one (maybe two if my generous self overcomes my budget-conscious self) of these items.

This was the result of kind-of-stuck-at-home-on-a-sunny-day research. I would have said soul-searching but that would be borderline too dramatic and I would rather reserve it for such a day. :D


The first one is this little work of wonder to satisfy the poser in me. I saw it while browsing here. Kind of cool since my tiny tripod only works well when its on a semi to completely even surface.



I know, I know.. I just bought two bags recently but there is reason behind my madness. I bought two large bags to (1) be my carry-on type of thing to my trip in Philippines and (2) a work bag to fit all my clothes and baon for work. If I'm going to embark on this gaining more weight, slowly but surely, I need to pack more food to last the day instead of buying random things all the time. I even bought Jello at the sandwich place because I couldn't help myself, much to my coworkers' amusement. :S So you see, a small bag wouldn't do me harm. Sure it's Coach, but still. Erm. I'm not a shoe girl, I'm a bag girl. Haha.


As for the rest, I don't have pictures of them but I like the idea of a cheap lens that has gotten good reviews from almost all of the ones I read. Aside from being lightweight, it won't make a big dent on my wallet. I have yet to buy new shoes for either nursing or everyday walking and a Nike or Puma won't hurt. If the "buy one get one 50%" window sign is still there, I might as well buy two. Yes? No?

If anything, I am merely a window shopper. I have cut wayyyy back on my spending habits - except on food. :D This is also the end of this craziness. I will not mention them anymore (at least until I have acquired one). If wallet-dictates it, I am veering towards the Monsterpod. Haha.

4 comments:

jello said...

no no and no! u spend too much! u're going to phil so u better save up money for ur trip! buy stuff there! it's cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blueskies said...

trip = june

birthday gift = april

if you do the math... there's a gap there and i am allowed. hahaha. but for the weekend i'll be saved since i'm working. i'll "worry" about buying when monday comes. :P

vanya said...

lens! hahaha. i've been dying to buy new lens too since i'm quite dissatisfied with my kit lens. lol. buti ka pa you have money to spend, ako wala! lol. i must look for a job na. haha :P

blueskies said...

maybe, this will be the month/year i'll be buying one. :D

hindi ko na nga lang din alam kung san napupunta yung pera ko. :S